How to Create, Customize and Deploy (Embed) the ZD Widget
How to Create and Deploy the ZD Widget
1. Create your widget by following the simple steps on the ZD Download/Get Widget page, and click ‘Get Widget’ at the bottom of the page.
2. Click ‘Get Code’ on next page and copy the domain-specific code that appears in the pop-up box entitled ‘ZDestinations Widget Code’.
3. Paste the code in the body section of your site’s HTML like this: 'body code /body'. Place the code precisely where you would like the button to appear on your site.
4. A ‘Destinations’ button will appear on your site. This will be the trigger for the widget, which, when clicked, will launch the ZD Widget on your site, just as you see in the Demo.
5. To change the button’s position, size, font size, color, or to transform the button into a text link, please see below.
Tip: Be specific with the domain name, as to appending www or not. The widget is domain-specific.
How to Customize the ‘Destinations’ Button via CSS
1. In the code, use "pop" as the ID or style identifier of the button like this: id="pop".
2. In the inline CSS, in the ‘Header’ section of the HTML file or style-sheets included in your site, you can override the color and font of the default button.
3. In the CSS, you can adjust the following:
4. To use the ‘Destinations’ trigger (button) as a link in the Menu section of your site, insert and adjust our code in your site’s Menu.
How to Set Your Password, Log In to View or Edit Your Widget, Retrieve Your Password
1. Immediately upon creating a widget for your site, you will receive an email with a link prompting you to set your password. This is where you'll set your password.
2. Log in anytime using the exact domain that you entered when creating the widget (e.g. abcde.com or www.a bcde.com), which will be your username, and your password. Once logged in, you can view and/or edit your widget, including changing your selection of destinations. company and logo image, cover photos on your widget, or retrieve your widget code by clicking anew on the 'Get Widget' button at the bottom of the widget page.
3. If you've forgotten your password, go to the Log In page, enter your username (which is your domain used to create the widget), and click on 'Request new password'. An email will be sent to the address you used to create the widget. Follow the link in the email to reset your password.
Tip: When logged in, click on the 'Get Widget' button in the primary link on the top right to go to your edit page. And when editing your widget, you must click on the 'Get Widget' button at the bottom of the page to save your changes, but you do not need to copy and paste the code again. Your changes will appear in your widget as soon as you save them.
Branded and customized: USD 1,199 / year.
Understanding What You Will Get in the Free and Branded Options
The Branded / Free Option: The ZD travel widget/platform (the pop-up that you see when you click on "See Demo") is available to any travel brand / enterprise completely free. Just click on "Get Widget" and follow the steps. Within minutes you'll have the pop-up with the destinations menu and mini travel guides on your site. No credit card required and no obligations to continue to use the ZD platform whatsoever. The set-up is DIY (do-it-yourself) and should take no more than 15 minutes, if that. Simply select the full suite or just the destinations you want and enter your specific domain name to generate the code, and copy and paste the brief code in the body of the html on your site. The trigger or "Destinations" button can be customized as a button or a link in any color or font type or size and placed anywhere on your site (for site-wide use we recommend including it in your primary links or a site-wide block). It's a linear process. However, if you are new to accessing the source of your site and/or do not have a webmaster, and would like our assistance, we can help. Our charge is a one-time set-up fee of USD 90 (which includes the installation and customization of the widget and "Destination" button or link to your liking).
The Branded / White Label Option: If you would like to brand the ZD widget/platform with your own company name and/or logo and customize specifically for your site, you have the following options available to you:
1. You can replace the "ZDestinations" name/logo with your own company name/logo by simply uploading your name/logo file in the "Brand It" section.
2. You can further customize the landing page of the widget/platform by replacing either or both default images on that page with images from your own library that best fit/represent your enterprise or brand.
3. You can change the color of the destinations menu bar ("Find a Destination") from the default red to any color to match your company name/logo or suit your preference by simply picking from the color picker.
Support/Help: If you have any issues with any of the above, please feel free to contact us via our contact form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to make this as easy and seamless a process for you as possible.